Saturday, April 26, 2014

What satisfies?

Feeling down for no particular reason. The more people I am surrounded with, the lonelier i get. Does that make sense? The void inside me becomes larger as the days go by. Why should i let the bad stuff that happens around me like family problems, studies get me down? Even having great best friends around in my life doesn't make me happier. True joy and satisfaction indeed comes from the Lord. Personally, humility is a lesson God is trying teaching me. Whenever I need i call out to Him, but whenever i don't need him --> i ignore Him. Changing my ways is hard, but i must learn to set aside my friends and family and to die to self everyday. Might be boring for those who's reading my blog, but anyways this applies to me during this season of my life. :)

I think i have lost hope and gotten distant from my role models who are back home. This might be a cheesy statement but gonna say it anyways: I should have set my number one role model as Jesus in the first place. If i had done that, i wouldn't have felt like this now. Nothing wrong with having a role model/mentor in your life though. 

Food for thought: I believe that I should rejoice even if I am going through a season of storms or problems. Because of Job who rejoiced even though he suffered greatly at the trials God put him through. There's a song that I once taught my kids in Sunday School before, it goes like this: "with Christ in the vessel we can smile at the storm, smile at the storm, smile at the storm....." This song summarises the attitude we all especially myself should adopt when facing trials/ problems. Maybe hard initially, but eventually we fall and learn. Particularly when Jesus has suffered way worst than us.










No comments: