Monday, June 1, 2015

Everyone is getting on with life and you feel like everything is moving way too fast? that's how i feel now. All friends getting attached and having a life outside of church. sigh. Time flies way too fast. Poly seemed like years ago. We were once living with our parents back home and then now we are off working out there overseas in the world. Time just feels like it passed way too fast. Daddy's little girl or Mummy's little boy has grown up and left the nest for the world out there. I think that is how my parents might feel about me being overseas working. Their little girl has finally grown up.

Being overseas and having free time to myself always gives me time to think about things - especially about the world, God and just life in general.

Just wanted to share my thoughts:

Everyone has things that they put priority over others - be it relationships, things, hobbies, God. What I like to identify in everyone is what matters to them most in this world. Is it their boyfriends, girlfriends or family or God? It is really interesting to try to find the one thing that matters to them in the whole world. Most of the times the people i meet often strike me as those that would treasure boyfriends/girlfriends & family. Seems like God is a missing puzzle piece in that. I will always ask myself if I put God a priority or do i trust someone else more than i trust God? Or do I place my priorities in things or my own life/feelings more than my focus on God's Will and Himself.

We all can get distracted because of life moving way too fast, homework, housework, worries of the world. Just because the world is such a distracting place - we get way too involved in our lives to realise there is a God out there who longs to talk to us and who longs to be the 1st priority in our lives. Even my friends place their boyfriends/girlfriends as more important than anyone else. God/other friends or just anyone else is forgotten and their main focus is their other half.

There are times when I want to sit down and just tell them to remember God in everything they do. To always include God in everything. I try to make that a point in my life. Because I do owe my everything to God. All i am belongs to God. Glory be to God.

Not many people might agree with me about this because they might think it is just a theory or just that they take God for granted. But God really does want to be included in our everyday lives, in every aspect of it - that includes the things/people you place as the main priority.


Thought of the day: Where does God stand in your life? Is He included in your thoughts and actions?




No comments: